Why Cirque du Soleil?
It’s no coincidence that Canadian theatrical troupe Cirque du Soleil has dazzled audiences for the last three decades. Their astonishing performers are surely the most hard working (and craziest!) in the business and now they’re bringing their latest play to Argentina for your personal edification.
“Amaluna” tells the tale of a mysterious island, ruled by goddesses and guided by the cycles of the moon. After her daughter's coming of age ceremony, honouring femininity, renewal, rebirth and balance, Queen Prospera causes a storm. A group of young men wash up on the isle, triggering an epic love story between Prospera’s daughter and a brave young suitor.
Sounds familiar... but what makes Cirque du Soleil the best?
If the story sounds familiar, that’s because it’s based on William Shakespeare’s “The Tempest”. Now you can see what kind of spectacle The Bard of Avon would have created if he had trapeze artists descending from the heavens on Aerial Straps, Amazonian acrobats pummelling Uneven Bars and actresses swimming like goldfish in giant water bowls.
Cirque du Soleil is bringing the sexy back to Shakespeare and Amaluna needs to be seen to be believed. Click the link for info and tickets.
- Traveller to the incredible continent of South America
- Watch the most amazing circus dance troupe in the world
- Cirque du Soleil has excelled at telling story through dance for 30 years
- Watch them bring the sexy back to Shakespeare's The Tempest
- See Actresses swimming like goldfish in giant water bowls