The epitome of Melbourne: the NGV Gala Ball.
If there's one thing the city of Melbourne loves as much as food, it's... wait, who am I kidding, nothing even comes close to food! Melbourne has restaurants and cafés everywhere. Melbourne has cafés inside cafés inside avocado peels. Melbourne has restaurants inside the paper coffee cups on the floor of your car.
And they're ridiculously cool, too. Partly because the food is 30 years ahead of the trends, and partly because the baristas look like they just stepped off a runway in Paris (only edgier). Because, even though food trumps all in Melbourne, fashion is also high on the list.
And here's an event that includes both.
What's special about the NGV Gala Ball?
The NGV (The National Gallery of Victoria) is hosting an exclusive exhibition titled ""The House of Dior: Seventy Years of Haute Couture"" that includes a sumptuous display of more than 140 garments by the house of Dior. The Gala Ball is the evening to see it first.
As well as immersing yourself in the stylish exhibition (that includes outfits from the 1940s through to the present day) you'll also be treated to performances by songstress Kimbra and electronic dance music duo Yolanda Be Cool.
There'll be red carpet arrivals and black tie dress code. And what about food, you ask? Don't worry: there'll be a canapé menu by internationally acclaimed Australian-born chef James Henry. Not to mention Moët & Chandon champagne, Yering Station wines, and bespoke cocktails.
So if you fancy a break from your black skinny jeans and avocado toast and want to experience the ultra-glamorous side of Australia's (arguably) coolest city, book your ticket now. Those canapés aren't going to eat themselves.
- Be first to see the exclusive exhibition ""The House of Dior: Seventy Years of Haute Couture"" at Melbourne's NGV
- Exhibition includes over 140 garments by Dior from the 1940s through to 2017
- Be entertained at the opening gala by musical acts Kimbra and Yolanda Be Cool
- Brush shoulders with celebs and the glamour crowd during red carpet arrivals
- Enjoy canapés by acclaimed chef James Henry, along with champagnes, wines and whisky cocktails